Sunday, January 12, 2014

Water colouring technique

I'd seen a lot of this water colouring technique on craft (or crumb cake) coloured card so I thought I'd give it a go. After white heat embossing the flowers I used white ink to water colour the flowers. Then I used regular pink ink to water colour over the white. I think I did two or three layers of the pink to achieve some shading on the flowers. The colours are more intense close up.

Materials:
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Rose Red
Ink: Rose Red, Versamagic in Cloud White, Versamark (I can't remember if the background was stamped with Versamark or Rose Red ink)
Stamps: 5th Avenue Floral, Distressed Dots
Accessories: Basic pearls, chipboard 'happy birthday', waterproof craft mat
Tools: Big shot machine, top note die, heat tool, white embossing powder, embossing buddy, aqua painter pen, Sakura clear glitter gel pen, liquid glue

Tips:
1. I sponged the chipboard with white ink and let it dry before using the glitter gel pen over the top.
2. The stamens of the flowers were also coloured with glitter gel pen but I must have done that after I took the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment