Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mother's Day Shaker card

This mason jar shaker card was inspired by this one from Chari Moss. I had a lot of technique troubles with this card but I got it done in the end.

It was my first attempt at a shaker card and I learnt a lot! If you wanted to try to make a card like this, I recommend that you check out Lawn Fawn's youtube video channel and find the video of Chari's shaker card.

It really is easy to make if you have the right equipment. I just couldn't find my Stazon black ink or clear acetate sheets. I tried to buy them from my local scrapbooking store and they didn't have any in stock. I also went to Spotlight but they were sold out. I ended up buying a Versamark brilliance but, although it dried on the plastic, it easily scratched off when I was attaching the top layer to the card.


Materials:

Card: Concord Crush, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, In Colour patterned paper
Ink: Concord Crush, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Versamark Brilliance in Black, Copic Sketch N1 marker.
Stamps: Summertime Charm by Lawn Fawn, Teeny Tiny Sentiments by Stampin' Up
Accessories: Striped organza ribbon, sequins, clear plastic treat bag, purple rhinestones, iridescent clear beads, all from discount stores
Tools: Big shot machine, Summertime Charm Lawn Cuts dies by Lawn Fawn, corner rounder punch by Fiskars, white foam from Spotlight, craft glue, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment