Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bright Birthday

Hi there, I'm still making cards just have been so busy I've not gotten around to posting them. Let's start with this one that I made back in April.

The layout was cased from another card. I have the picture of it but not the website or designer. I will add it as soon as I can find it.

This is how it was done -

Materials:
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Brightside 6x6 paper (Lawn Fan)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Stamps: Bake Me a Cake, Sophie's Sentiments (both Lawn Fawn)
Accessories: Basic rhinestones, Lemondrop twine (The Twinery), iridescent glitter.
Tools: Beautiful Wings embosslit, square punch, 2 way glue pen, dimensionals, glue tape

Tips and Tricks:
1. This card is pretty straight forward. I used the 2 way glue pen to adhere the glitter to the cupcakes and butterfly. Here's a pic of the glitter, blurry I know but you get the idea:


Stuff Ups:
1. I'm not happy with the way I stamped some of the cupcakes. The cherry is lopsided and that swirl just doesn't look good.

Pleasant Surprises:
1. The butterfly looked great with the glitter on it and the twine wrapped around it to make the body and antennae.

No comments:

Post a Comment