Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Easter

I have something different to show today - not a card! I decorated a tag. I've never used tags for anything so this was new to me. I'm only moderately happy with it. The concept was better in my head, the execution of it isn't great. Oh well, I tried!


Here's a closer view of the tag:


Materials:

Cardstock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz (or Kiwi Kiss, not sure), Chocolate Chip and Pink Passion (I think it's retired).
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Versamark, markers - Tempting Turquoise, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron.
Stamps: Greetings Eight (Stampin' Up), Jessie's ABC's (Lawn Fawn).
Accessories: Chipboard glitter tag (don't know the brand - it's so old!), Orange organza ribbon (Kaiser Craft), antique gold embossing powder.
Tools: Heat tool, embossing static pillow, dimensionals, big shot machine, sponge, lattice embossing folder (Stampin' Up), paisley and swirly embossing folders (Sizzix), polka dot and bubble embossing folders (Cuttlebug), paper snips, oval punch, glue tape.

Tips and Tricks:
1. I heat embossed the Happy Easter sentiment and bunny first.
2. Then I sponged around the tag and let it dry.
3. I punched and embossed the coloured Easter eggs (yes, that's what they are meant to be!).
4. After positioning the Easter eggs with glue tape I trimmed off the excess and sponged around the edges.
5. The bunny was added on dimensionals. Dimensionals are also used to adhere the tag to the jar.

Stuff Ups:
1. The overall result - just not thrilled.
2. The 't' in Easter is upside down. *sigh*
3. Maybe the Easter eggs should have been smaller so they actually look like Easter eggs.

Pleasant Surprises:
1. The bunny is cute and I managed to cut it out nicely.
2. The sponging on the tag itself was nice (just the tag, not the eggs).
3. The heat embossing turned out nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment