Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's the last one of these I promise!

I have to stop making these stripey male cards, I promise this is the last. I will admit I was short on time (busy with work stuff) and this has been my go to design for the last few months so it's time for a change.

Here's the card:


This card was made for a friend's birthday.

Materials:
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Basic Black, Close to Cocoa (retired), not sure what colour the orange is called - maybe Peach Parfait? Printed acetate (My Memories), Rough and Tough: Awesome (Kaisercraft).
Ink: Stazon black, Versamark.
Stamps: Best Dad Ever, French Foliage (Stampin' Up).
Accessories: Cappucino baker's twine (The Twinery), hemp twine (Stampin' Up), star charm (My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose - Hattie "Happy" Bits and Pieces).
Tools: Paper trimmer (Fiskar's), mini glue dots, glue tape (Stampin' Up), scoring board (Martha Stewart).

Tips and Tricks:
1. It's all pretty simple - cut and trim stripe layers to fit.
2. Layer the acetate on the cardstock with mini glue dots.
3. The charm was quite heavy so I anchored it to the card with a glue dot so it doesn't pull the twine down too much.

Stuff Ups:
1. The third layer (acetate on black) was cut slightly crooked which I didn't notice until I stuck it down. You can't really tell in the photo (yay) but it bugs me.
2. I don't know if I like the cappucino baker's twine on the card or not. It's a bit too much.

Pleasant Surprises:
1. Only having to stamp on the acetate once!

No comments:

Post a Comment