Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Stampin' Up colours

When I saw this card design I loved it for two reasons - 1. The colours it uses are the new In Colors for Stampin' Up, some of which I haven't used yet. 2. It features a stamp set that I have and hadn't used yet either.

So this card design is not mine, I found it while searching for some inspiration. It's made by Nancy Riley, click on her name to check out the card that she made. Here's my version of her card:


This is for my sister-in-law.

Materials:
Cardstock: Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White.
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral.
Stamps: Array of Sunshine (Stampin' Up) and Sophie's Sentiments (Lawn Fawn).
Accessories: (This used to be called 'other')  Basic pearls, ribbon (American Craft),
Tools: (This is a new section) Beautiful Wings embosslits, Circle punch, bird punch, scallop edge punch (Fiskars), Lattice embossing folder, 2 way glue pen, dimensionals, mini glue dots, scissors, double sided tape, big shot machine, Scoring board (Martha Stewart).

Tips and Tricks:
1. The branches and leaves were punched with the bird punch. I ran them through the big shot machine in the lattice embossing folder. I used a 2 way glue pen to adhere them to the card.
2. The coral flower was stamped 3 times and cut out. On two of the flowers, I've just cut out the inner sections and layered them with dimensionals.
3. The circles are glued on with a 2 way glue pen as I don't want the edges to lift up. A tape runner wouldn't get close enough the the circle's edge.
4. The butterflies are stuck on with mini glue dots.

Stuff Ups:
1. Originally I used a Vintage Wallpaper embossed piece of Wisteria Wonder instead of the circles but it was too busy for the look that I wanted.
2. When I finished the card, I had a sip from my can of Coke Zero and a drop of condensation landed on my card - oh no!! I got out my heat tool to dry it and it only let the faintest of watermarks. Silly me.
3. Looking at the card now, maybe I should have stuck the lowest branch over the ribbon instead of under it?

Pleasant Surprises:
1. I'm pleased with the overall look of the circles. I like that textured effect.
2. The ribbon matches the Pool Party butterflies nicely.
3. For once my cutting out was not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment