Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pink, Purple, White.

I will admit that this card was a struggle to create. While it is quite simplistic, getting the creativity together at 11:30pm on Christmas Eve, when I was bleary eyed with the need to sleep, was difficult. Still, it came together in the end.

That centre panel went through a miriad of different things before it ended up with a great whopping Prima flower as the centrepiece. I stamped two other panels before this one - the first was a rainbow tiered birthday cake with stars and streamers around it - but the colours didn't work. The second featured 2 step cupcakes but that wasn't working for me either. Even with this panel I played around with rhinestones before trying the piercing in the corners.

Materials:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Shimmery White, Wisteria Wonder, not sure which pink, Pink Passion maybe - sorry, it's old cardstock.
Ink: Chocolate Chip.
Stamps: Bake Me a Cake by Lawn Fawn.
Other: Big Shot machine, dots embossing folder, paper piercing tool, mat pack, dimensionals, Prima rose, clear button, Pink Sorbet baker's twine by The Twinery.

Tips and Tricks:
1. I used the guide in the mat pack to pierce the corners of the white cardstock.
2. Gluing down the flower was surprisingly difficult. 2-way glue didn't work, glue tape didn't work. I ended up using dimensionals and just hope that it has survived!

Stuff Ups:
1. The layers are not aligned properly - I was too tired to see straight.
2. I've spoken about the drama I faced with the stamping.
3. Getting the flower to stick.

Pleasant Surprises:
Just the fact that I finished a card at all and it's not totally hideous - it was looking that way for a while there!

No comments:

Post a Comment